I can do it – in the kitchen
Teach hygiene and safety in the kitchen as well as the skills needed to make meals. Make a shopping list of ingredients or a list of all the utensils needed for a recipe. Build simple recipe prompts to ensure instructions are followed in the right sequence.
Creating lists of food or meal options might make help an individual to decide what to eat or encourage healthier choices. Acquiring basic kitchen skills increases confidence and independence.
- 6 button holders
- 40 blank buttons
- 1 attachment loop
- Food & Drink Extended sticker pack
Typical users might include:
- Any child age 3 upwards
- Readers and non-readers
- Children who are visual learners (common in children with autism)
- Young people with autism or other learning difficulties
- TomTag life skill of the month – cooking – Apr 2016
- TomTag life skill of the month – simple meals – Nov 2015
- Baking with children
WARNING: Please note – TomTag is not a toy. Not suitable for children under 36 months due to small parts.