TomTag’s picture symbols help kids to remember all their school and out-of-school items and activities. Using a different coloured tag for each day of the week makes it easy to find the right list quickly.
With the list attached to their school bag so they can always check for themselves what they need, whether at home, at school or anywhere else.
They’ll be less anxious and have fewer reasons to get upset or worried about forgetting what they need.
They’ll become more independent and take responsibility themselves for knowing what to take to school and bring home again.
Typical users might include:
- Nursery school (age 3+), primary school, transition to secondary school
- Readers and non-readers
- Children with executive functioning (memory and organisation) difficulties (eg. dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD)
- Visual learners (common in children with autism)
- Children with English as a second language
Transformed a very forgetful child at home and school, nearly always has everything at the right time and place
– Primary Teacher Update awards tester